Monday, January 2, 2012

Yummy Sour Cream Pancakes

I have tried several recipes for gluten free pancakes. Each time the results were much less than favorable since using gluten free flour changes everything in a recipe. I had pretty much given up on them until I opened one of my Christmas presents on Christmas Eve...The Pioneer Woman Cookbook! As I flipped through the pages, my eyes caught the title of Sour Cream Pancakes. As I skimmed the ingredients, my heart was hopeful when I read "7 tablespoons flour." Since the recipe called for only a small amount of flour, I mustered up the gumption to try one more time (substituting Jules GF Flour)...and it was a yummy success. These pancakes are moist, buttery, light...and most importantly, delicious!


You will need:


1 cup sour cream
7 tablespoons all purpose flour     {I use Jule's Gluten Free Flour}
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
butter



In a bowl, mix together the flour, salt, sugar & baking soda. In a separate bowl mix together eggs & vanilla. Combine flour mixture & egg mixture. Mix lightly...it's ok if the batter is lumpy. Pour batter onto a heated, buttered skillet/griddle 1/4 cup at a time. Flip them when they begin to look like this:


Cook the other side until done....and this is the yummy result:



No one person at my table needed any extra butter. We just poured syrup on top and began eating this yummy food that we haven't had in quite a while. I added everyone's favorite side dish of bacon and sausage and called it a day! Thanks, Pioneer Woman!

No comments: